Re: [linux-audio-dev] command line audio player w/stdout, start time?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] command line audio player w/stdout, start time?
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 13:15:42 EET

Lance Blisters hat gesagt: // Lance Blisters wrote:

> I need to play aiff files from a certain
> start time within the file, and i would
> greatly prefer a command-line app which
> can output raw 16-bit integer output to stdout
> because i have a framework for quickly
> adding command-line decoders.
>
> looking at apps, none of bplay, ecaplay, aplay,
> or sox is sufficient. the most common problem
> is not allowing playback starting at some point
> within the file.

Did you miss this in ecasound?
$ ecasound -i:file.aif -y:40.3
This starts playing at 40.3 seconds into the soundfile. ecasound also has
various output options. I tried output to stdout, redirected into a
file:
$ ecasound -i:file.aif -y:40.3 -o:- > /tmp/file
(audioio-raw) Outputting to standard output [rw].

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______