Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 02:24:33 EET

(cut)
>Maybe a better approach would be, if you are thinking about low level stuff,
>to use FPGA or so, but again, it's expensive.
(cut)

Small note:
The RME Hammerfall DSP cards are built upon a Xilinx FPGA.

But I don't think they have their implementation openly available :)

They use Xilinx FPGAs at the exercise sessions for
Digital Electronics and Processors at ESAT, don't they ?
Maybe they could lend you one when they don't need them themselves.
Provided you took care of it :)

best regards
vini

PS: I don't do electronics, but CS :)