Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar
From: DAVID G MATTHEWS (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 18:24:45 EET

No one wants to deny that there is a need for apps which can take down
[insert favorite commercial audio/sequencing program here]. We will have
them soon enough. I don't think anyone has tried to disuade anyone from
working on such apps, or from using them once they become available. I
personally have been using (yes, actually doing work with) Ardour of late,
and and I look forward to its further development.
I just wanted to point out that for those of us stuck-up elitist academic
purists who don't particularly care about the commercial viability of our
work, Linux is already the place to be. I can't speak for anyone else on
this one, but I personally didn't mean to imply that such people are the
only ones who should be using Linux for audio, and I certainly didn't want
to start a flamefest.
-dgm