[linux-audio-dev] alsa/usb

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] alsa/usb
From: CK (x_AT_meta.lo-res.org)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 18:46:20 EET

hi,

(hi jaromil ;)

I guess this should maybe also go to alsa-dev, but I'm not on it, couldn't
contribute too much and thought several of you are hanging around here any-
way.

What's going to happen with usb audio/midi support ?
(Paul: I know what you think about usb in a professional environment but ...)

Since alsa should become the kernel standard driver for audio/midi/seq
devices and all the work the usb people have done to support the audio
class is based on the oss-api does that mean with 2.5 or 2.6 I'll no
longer be able to use my usb midi interface (It's perfectly ok to use
this little faderbaby to make pd usage a bit more interactive)

also I used a usb-audio interface to have a cheap way for multiple outs
to dj with (ok latencies aren't exactly great but it's only playback ...

any ideas how these efforts could be merged ?

cheers,

chris_AT_lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)