Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)
From: j (jstiley_AT_itss.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 01:54:40 EET

I think that you might find some applicable "prior art" in the VME patents,
related to voice mail applications, probably filed arround 1976-80 or so.
Voice mail is audio by defintion, and the VME patents dealt with the use of
hard drives for storing audio as messages, etc. Also, a lot of other
telephonic feature sets have digital and a/d-d/a to-from disc., especially
as included in digital pbx's and keysets of the late 70's and early 80's. I
suspect that some of these patents have expired, yielding the basic claims
into public domain, by now.
Joe