Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 20:26:41 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> > I could even find use for "card" with 128 sample-synced input channels
> > and at least 16 DSP processors.
>
> What do you consider is a reasonable price for this card? It sounds to me
> like you would need to be a venture capital company to fund this which
> kind of makes the reasonable price requirement go out the window.

That was extreme example...
I think "Reasonable price" would be something like 20000-30000 euros.

And no, I don't even consider such a monster for my personal use... :) I'm
not completely out of my mind.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers