Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA
From: Rick Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 20:43:29 EET

Yes, the update did the trick. Let me point out that this wasn't a
linux machine. I was only mentioning it because many people were
unaware of it and knew that it was so incrediblt bad that many other
people might see it. Even though I am going to stick with the board,
the Intel chipset for is better. The PCI throughput goes from 90
Mb/s on the Via to 110 on the Intel. Before the patches and updates
to the bios I was getting around 60. Food for thought :)

Rick