Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 21:39:31 EET

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Paul Davis wrote:

> Initially, Final Scratch will only be available for
> Linux and BeOS operating systems running on an
> Intel compatible CPU. A Mac version is planned.

I can't imagine anyone releasing anything for BeOS anymore. What I
thought was real interesting was the screenshots of the software on the
laptop. I guess it is running linux, only because it is some software
that takes over the entire screen. I don't know if that is possible with
BeOS.

Maybe this release also speaks to the ease of development on Linux or
BeOS. Beyond some core functionality, the respective Linux and BeOS
version can't have too much in common. Different windowing and driver
libraries should make porting an interesting experience.

Taybin