Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 22:26:16 EET

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:23:34PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >From the NAMM announcement of Stanton Magnetics Final Scratch:
>
> Initially, Final Scratch will only be available for
> Linux and BeOS operating systems running on an
> Intel compatible CPU. A Mac version is planned.
>
> Did you *ever* imagine you'd see such an announcement in your lifetime?

Yep, but not from a big company like Stanton.
Very interesting.

If they're smart, they'll add LADSPA support. That would be way cool.

It's funny though, I went to their website and there's no mention of
linux anywhere in the FAQ or system requirements. I think they're
trying to downplay that. They do mention you need 500 MB for the
software... I bet it's a stripped-down linux on a CD and the
installation disk partitions your hard drive for you.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com