Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Question regarding multi-channel capable apps in Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Question regarding multi-channel capable apps in Linux
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 00:24:13 EET

Rene Rebe hat gesagt: // Rene Rebe wrote:

> You may take a look on Ardour and GSMP.
>
> http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/gsmp/index.html
> http://ardour.sourceforge.net/
>
> GSMP-0.0.4 will be released in the next week. And since my exams are
> over in the next week I will code more actively in the next two months
> on it ;-)! The Hammerfall was not tested with GSMP, the Midiman Delta
> 1010 works very smoth (using ALSA) ...

As Rene is one of the coder's of GSMP one might think, he wasn't
objective ;) so I, being in no way affiliated, also recommend GSMP.
GSMP is very capable, and it has a very easy installation, which Ardour
presumably has not (didn't try for some months, though).

If one is looking for an easily installed multitracker, currently I see only
GSMP and ecasound. [Somehow I have never liked Audacity]

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______