Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Writing Tutorial

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Writing Tutorial
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 22:15:20 EET

>> While we're at the subject of LADSPA, I would like to ask, if there's
>> somewhere a real beginner's tutorial for writing ladspa plugins. I
>> just started coding in C++. I have read several C++-books, but I only
>
>Is it possible to use C++ to write LADSPA plugins? Especially since the
>host might only have a C runtime?

in general, no its not possible. the (implicit) rule is that the host
will only load the shared object containing the plugin(s), so if they
require any other symbols to be linked, they will not work. C++
plugins that use any STL features, RTTI or other C++ runtime library
stuff will simply fail to load in non-C++ hosts.

--p