Re: [linux-audio-dev] query

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] query
From: Alexander Ehlert (ehlert_AT_gris.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 18:12:07 EET

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 10:53, Swapnil Padhye wrote:

> i want to strech a audio file. how can i do that????
> Is it possible to do so in java or any programming language??? if yes then what is the exact procedure??

*g* I'd say this is possible in any programming language that provides
you with the basic calculation operations. Helpful would be a array data
type. So I suggest C, C++, Fortran, Pascal, Modula, Oberon, ...

The basic idea for a simple time stretch is to subdivide your signal
into overlapping windows. Next you would apply a so called windowing
function to that window (Kaiser, Hamming, Hanning, a triangle).
Afterwards you sum up those windows with an overlap that is a little bit
bigger than the overlap you used before. So far the basic idea. Happy
implementing :-)

Cheers, Alex