Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] newbie question on installing glib

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] newbie question on installing glib
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 22:04:11 EET

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 19:06, Bob Colwell wrote:
> Then I go into glib, I gunzip, tar --extract, and then ./configure.
> Everything seems to go ok, no errors or warnings.

Umm.. you need to compile and install it. Try "make" (with your normal
account) and then "make install" (as root). You should always read the
README and INSTALL files that come with sources.

Bob

--
Bob Ham: bob_AT_ham.org

My music: http://mp3.com/obelisk_uk GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org/ Do your bit for UK drugs law reform: http://www.angeldeclaration.com/

A pessimist expects the weather to get worse. An optimist hopes it will improve. A realist adjusts the sails.