Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA I/O plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA I/O plugins
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 20:13:50 EET

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Steve Harris wrote:

>> I think ecamegapedal will do what you want.
> Has Kai modified it so it will run when period != 256?

Sort of. :) The CVS-version (which you need (both ecasound and
ecamegapedal) for JACK), uses libecasound with buffering profile
"rtlowlatency". The default settings for this profile are located in the
global libecasound config file, usually in
/usr/local/share/ecasound/ecasoundrc. There's a line:

bmode-defaults-rtlowlatency = 256,true,50,true,100000,false

You can override this by adding the same entry to your
~/.ecasound/ecasoundrc and replacing 256 with something else. The same
mechanism works for all apps using libecasound (ie. app can default to
some profile). The other profiles are "rt" and "nonrt".

Of course at some point I'll have to add possibility to override these
values from ecamegapedal's GUI.

Anyways, a short tutorial for trying out ecamegapedal and JACk:

1. get latest CVS-versions of JACK, ecasound and ecamegapedal
2. configure, make and make install them
3. "jackd -r 44100 -p 256 -d hw:0 -v"
4. "ecamegapedal jack_alsa,in jack_alsa,out"

You can also replace either 'jack_alsa,in' or 'jack_alsa,out' with a
filename. If you want to use different sample rate, override the global
"default-audio-format = s16_le,2,44100,i" setting.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!