[linux-audio-dev] Mp3 File Decoder

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Mp3 File Decoder
From: Guenther Sohler (guenther.sohler_AT_newlogic.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 08:10:43 EET

Hallo Group,

Until now I use Xaudio for my application xgmc.

I want to get rid of it because

*It seems very out of date
*it when decoding it outputs much 0's at at the very first output.
 I dont want this. I immediately want data.
*It seems that the granularity in positioning within within the mp3 file
 is to high. I need to be able to seek any accurate position with maximum
   50 ms tolerance. 10ms preferred.

In general I am looking for free c code/ c-library which outputs raw audio data
@ 44.1kHz stereo, 16bit. Important is that i can rewind/seek to any position
any time(within 10ms preferred).

Can anybodyhelp me ?