Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
From: Martijn Sipkema (msipkema_AT_sipkema-digital.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 17:06:01 EET

> this:
>
> http://www.linuxpower.org/display.php?id=216
>
> is an excellent article on "mistakes" that SGI made developing their
> video APIs. much of what it says seems deeply relevant to audio as
> well. from my perspective, its pretty confirming of a JACK approach,
> but even if you don't see it that way, i think there is a lot to be
> learned and/or reminded of here.

The auther probably wrote this with OpenML (dmSDK) as being the
right way. Maybe this is indeed true for video and perhaps dmSDK
does scale well to low latency and for use in synchronous execution
audio.
Anyway, I think OpenML gets very little attention. The OpenGL
extensions and display sync API are nice too. Maybe some of us
Linux audio developers should join the OpenML mailing list.

--martijn