Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:21:55 EET

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 05:55:06 +0100, Martijn Sipkema wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think OpenAL has anything to do
> with SGI or OpenML. Wasn't this Loki trying to start a cross platform
> 3d audio API?

OpenAL, had nothing to do with Loki, it was started as a counterpart to
OpenGL, it eventually flondered and Loki rescued it and finished it off.

I think it predates OpenML by several years, I just mentioned it for
context. I was under the impression that OpenML was a general media
equivalent to OpenGL.

- Steve