Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample Rate / Resolution question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample Rate / Resolution question
From: Jason (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 01:23:21 EET

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > So why do we work with 96kHz? I don't know of any reason other than 'it
> > seems to
> > sound better'.
>
> and it's a convenient excuse for the industry to sell us more expensive gear...
</lurk>

There is the benefit that when you sample at a higher rate in your initial
recording, the analog anti-aliasing filter before the sampler in the A/D
converter doesn't have the potential to effect nearly as much audible
content.

there was a similar discussion on LAU about this issue
last month
that really didn't seem to come to any conclusions.

<lurk>

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,