Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gnome Wave Cleaner (audio restoration) project,request for information

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gnome Wave Cleaner (audio restoration) project,request for information
From: weltyj_AT_yahoo.com
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 18:54:40 EET

My compelling reason was ignorance. I was really focused on the
audio restoration part of this, and knew the OSS drivers where
the "native" sound drivers for Redhat, so I looked no farther.

Now that I have the basic app functioning and have a couple of
reports that the sound playback is a problem, I want to try to
fix those problems so more people can start digitally restoring
their old precious vinyl :-).

Thank you for the portaudio link, I will check that out.

Jeff Welty

Michael Droettboom wrote:

> Just a question, not necessarily a criticism: did you have a compelling
> reason not to start with PortAudio and add an aRTS module? There seems to
> be pretty decent documentation on doing this, and using PortAudio in a
> client is a breeze.
>
> www.portaudio.com

<snip>