[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] aconnectgui

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] aconnectgui
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 18:10:06 EET

Maarten de Boer hat gesagt: // Maarten de Boer wrote:

> "aconnectgui is a FLTK based frontend for aconnect. It is written
> directly on top of the aconnect source, leaving the original source
> intact, only adding a couple of ifdefs, and some calls to the gui
> part, so it provides exactly the same functionality, but with a
> graphical userinterface."
>
> http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/
>
> Note that this is a (quick) port to alsa 0.9.x . I wrote this originally
> for alsa 0.5, when it was called aseqpatchbay. I currently don't have a
> soundcard with any interesting MIDI devices, so I would apreciate if
> you let me know if it works for you.
You don't need real soundcards, you can play with the snd-virmidi module
and create as much virtual midi devices as you like. I have a problem with
aconnectgui, that it overlays my cards. I have two real soundcards, one of
it is a SBLive which has the Emu-Synth. And I have a virtual midi card,
that adds four more ports to the list. I can not see the virtual ports 2-1
and 2-2, because the four Emu10k1 ports are shown above the virtual ports.
I think this might be a layout problem. This seems to disturb the
application, as I can't make any connections, duh. It does show
connections, that were created in advance with aconnect, though.

But I like the idea of aconnectgui, and I think it would be appropriat, to
add it to my 'aconnect-Howto', that might appear on DLP's Sound and Midi
page soon...

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______