[linux-audio-dev] Interesting info regarding RME Hammerfall DSP and Steinberg

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting info regarding RME Hammerfall DSP and Steinberg
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 05:55:00 EET

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some interesting news with all who are still
waiting to obtain one of these beasts (Hammerfall DSP) and have been
waiting for a long time (like myself).

I just found out from talking to a RME US reseller that Steinberg sells
exactly the same hardware for a lower price. Check this one out:

http://www.nuendo.com/hardware/audiolink96.html

This comes like a God-sent deal since RME has just decided without any
prior notice to raise prices on their already hard-to-find and heavily
backordered RME cards for the US market...

One thing I am not sure of though, is what is the actual availability
for these and whether they are affected by the same shortage like RME's
cards are.

This source also told me that the same drivers should work for both
cards, and that the only difference is the sticker on the outside.

DISCLAIMER: Since we live in a highly litigatious society I will have to
bore you with the following paragraph: please understand that you should
not make any rash choices based on what I've stated here, since I will
not be held accountable for any kind of crap that could potentially
result from your decisions. We are all grown-ups here (or at least I
hope so ;-), and so we should all know better and do the research on our
own before taking anything for granted...

Now, that I've shielded myself from potential accusations, my suggestion
is to research this thing before moving on any further. I honestly do
not know if all this is 100% true, but the pictures on the above website
surely do show tremendous resemblance...

Ico