Re: [linux-audio-dev] Emagic EMI 2I6 drivers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Emagic EMI 2I6 drivers
From: nick dowell (nickdowell_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:15:26 EET

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:52:29 +0200 (EET)
tapio laxstr <tapio_AT_iptime.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Nick D wrote:
> > Does anyone know if they'll work on non-intel platforms? just curious (and eyeing up the market for a new box ;-)
> Not tested, but firmware loading should not be intel specific. If your
> system can handle usb in linux, this should be working too. Emagic it self
> has released MacOS X drivers and MacOS X is quite close to Unix kernel
> (mach micro kernel?), as far as I know.
>
> > Now if only ALSA had support for USB audio...
> yes. I have seriously considered that as my next project...
> since linux usb audio drivers are OSS based, and to enable all EMI's 6
> output channels in there seens to be quite dirty hacking...
> it is probably much smarter move to start the alsa usb project.

Cool. I was also considering putting in the effort to get this working, as it may become very important to me.. it just depends what i end up doing with myself once i graduate this summer - if i end up getting the laptop, then it's something i'd definitely like to help doing. If you post here if/when you start the work, then i may get involved ;-)

although i wont be able to make any significant contributions before june..

regards,

nick