[linux-audio-dev] pcm_multi configuration

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] pcm_multi configuration
From: DuWayne R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 17:46:36 EET

System
        Celeron 800
        Tyan i815 mb
        2 Maudio Delta 1010 (ice1712)
        Debian 3.0
        Alsa from cvs 2 weeks ago
        2.4.17 lowlatency kernel (sources from ftp.kernel.org)

Well after much digging, pleading, and frustration, I think im getting
closer to a working configuration. Though I am not there yet. Here are 2
different versions of my asoundrc file

http://www.niptron.com/ardour/asoundrc2.txt
http://www.niptron.com/ardour/asoundrcmulti.txt

they are the same setup, just differnet syntax, I think anywho. If I try
running aplay -D ardour I get

newage:~# aplay -D ardour testdrh.wav
Playing WAVE 'testdrh.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000Hz
Stereo
aplay: set_params:717: Broken configuration for this PCM: no
configurations available

Any suggestions, pointers, etc would be greatly appreciated.

--
drh_AT_niptron.com

Burn's Hog Weighing Method: (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a sawhorse. (2) Put the hog on one end of the plank. (3) Pile rocks on the other end until the plank is again perfectly balanced. (4) Carefully guess the weight of the rocks. -- Robert Burns