Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?
From: Jake Donham (jake_AT_bitmechanic.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 21:19:06 EET

Hi,

Seems like you want another kind of control port, one which returns
buffers of control values, just like audio ports return buffers of
samples, so you can control a parameter arbitrarily.

I see a bunch of discussion around this issue in the list archives,
and it seems like this solution was rejected for performance
reasons. Not sure I understand the performance impact though.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to hard-code particular kinds of
parameter interpolation, linear or otherwise.

Jake