Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 14:03:25 EET

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 04:54:03 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >my proposal for a remedy is rather simple: let control port value
> >pointers not point to one LADSPA_Data but to an array of two.
> >
> >the first represents the start, and the second the end value for the
> >next run*() call.
>
> I *love* this. Elegant, concise, compact, efficent, flexible. Oh, and
> "Simple" too :)

Erm, not too fast, that doesn't help.

I've always regarded the value as the value at the end of the buffer, and
all this does is make it easier to lerp the control values, which will
encourage people, so you will get zipper noise: one reason early vst
plugins sucked so much.

The only helpful thing you can do with this is to use the first value as
the value in the middle of the buffer (doubling the virtual crate) and
that is just perverse.

- Steve, unstuffing ballot box