Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Audio apps for linux on PPC

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Audio apps for linux on PPC
From: rm (async_AT_cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 20:34:32 EEST

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 01:55:00PM +0200, Niklas Werner wrote:
> Hi All!
> Silent Listener....
> I run Linux intel and PPC (SuSE 7.3) and are _not_ having many
> difficulties compiling apps for Linux-ppc. Fortunately most applications
> [...]
> ALSA does run fine on PPC (As does the EMI 2|6-USB-Interface ;-))

the emagic interface seems very cool; i was not aware of it. does
anyone have latency numbers of ppc on an ibook?

is there any good reason not to get ibook + emi to do audio on linux?

> In comparison to OsX I much prefer Linux on my PowerBook. After getting
> used to pd instead of (j)MAX I only miss SuperCollider for Linux...
> I really hate the OsX Terminal.app and that BSD-thinking, but maybe it's
> just a matter of getting used to it...

hey now...some of my best friends are bsd users. :D
(and really linux is a hodge-podge both of sysV and bsd).

                   thanks,
                rob

----
Robert Melby
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: async_AT_cc.gatech.edu