[linux-audio-dev] New plugins and fixes

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins and fixes
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 15:48:18 EEST

Includes some major fixes, definaly worth getting.

http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.2.5/

If anyone knows the debian maintainer, Anand Kumria, can they get him to
roll a new deb, the one in unstable (v0.2.0) has some nasty bugs.

New:

Barry's Satan maximiser. (thanks to Matt Yee-King for the name) Kindof
crushes the life out of signals, not much use as a normal maximiser, but
makes interesting, harsh distortion. Intended for noise music.

Karaoke. Removes variable amount of centre channel from stereo signals,
for eg. removing the voice from prerecorded material. Works supprisingly
well. I think someone on l-a-u wanted one.

Gate (beta). A mono gate with key filtering. I copied the parameters off a
photo of a drawmer ds-201, if anyone owns one, please mail me, I'd like to
know how it handles some corner cases. If I get some feedback on what
needs changing I can make the other combintions (stereo, external key,
without filters). I don't really use gates much, so its hard for me to test.

Fixes:

Triple para. Markus Nentwig spotted a bug in the high shelf that made it
unstable, fixed now and its much better.

Convolver. There was a bug that was mangling the very high and low end,
especially in short impulses. Fixed now.

Sifter. Fixed a bug where odd sized sifts gave clicking in the output. Odd
is still different to even, but not annoyingly. Its a wierd effect anyway.

Misc other minor fixes.

- Steve