Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] ALSA 0.9.0 HOWTO as HTML

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] ALSA 0.9.0 HOWTO as HTML
From: Richard Bown (bownie_AT_bownie.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:42:56 EEST

Dr. Matthias Nagorni wrote:
> http://www.suse.de/~mana/alsa090_howto.html

Very useful, thanks. I'm using it right now.

I've got a bit of a basic question about ALSA sequencing. Do I have to
handle my own synth polyphony over the synth devices I see? For example
on my SBLive I've got 4 available ports (65,0 - 65,3) and if I send
everything to one dest port from a single src port I get playback but
some notes cut each other off. Sounds somethinglike a polyphony problem
- either that or finger-trouble.

I'm looking at the "context" code in pmidi and scratching my head. Do I
have to use more than a single dest and source port for MIDI sequencing?
If so, why? Is there a simple overview of the port subscription model
somewhere?

http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden
http://www.bownie.com