Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 14:25:21 EEST

> > seems like a back-up plan if the deal with Motorola eventually
> > evaporates. Now, if this is true, then I would seriously consider buying
> > OS X just for the sake of Supercollider ;-).
>
> _From the Darwin-FAQ (http://www.darwin.org/projects/darwin/faq.html):

hey if it gets ported to x86, writing an emulator to run those apps on top of x86 linux shouldnt that hard at all

> Q. I heard that Darwin runs on Intel processor-based PCs. Is that true?
> A. Yes, and we're partnering with the Darwin developer community to
> enhance support for this platform
>
> Now OS-X really is a great OS, maybe the best commercial OS now
> available. It's stunning, how they build an intuitive Desktop on a
> Unix-core, something that neither in Gnome nor KDE really worked (I'm
> still prefering the command line over those)

Yeah, KDE and gnome are just desktops. I love the commandline too,
but we have to admit that for new users it's really painful to learn.
Many of the people I know that want to switch to linux just for the sake of making music (they cant believe that there are so many and powerful apps) go insane when i try to explain them how to install ALSA or configure it editing textfiles. (or maybe i'm just a debian user and have no idea about what kind of GUI tools are out there ;)

Juan Linietsky