Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider
From: Michael J McGonagle (fndsnd_AT_rcnchicago.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:12:32 EEST

Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> P.S. I heard an interesting rumor regarding OS X. Since its kernel
> (Darwin) has originally been designed on an Intel-compatible platform
> (and is supposedly still being developed by the mixed Intel/Apple
> community) this rumor does not seem so far-fetched, especially since it
> comes from a friend of mine who is a devoted Apple fan. He mentioned
> that Apple has an in-house working Intel version of the OS X which to me
> seems like a back-up plan if the deal with Motorola eventually
> evaporates. Now, if this is true, then I would seriously consider buying
> OS X just for the sake of Supercollider ;-).

This is not really surprising, as OSX is pretty much NeXTStep, and they
were releasing a version of NeXTStep for Intel Machines many years ago.
I don't think that Steve Jobs is that short-sighted that he would ignore
the Intel-platform for too long. How long can Apple continue to sell
their "overpriced" machines.

Mike