Re: [linux-audio-dev] demudi (was SuperClonider)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] demudi (was SuperClonider)
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:30:25 EEST

Hi Bob,
Bob Ham hat gesagt: // Bob Ham wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 17:35, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > > Another question: would it be possible to use a Debian testing, and
> > > change the sources.list so that you can use the unstable sound apps?
> > This normally is no problem, you can have both in your sources.list,
> > the one coming first gets taken then. That way, if you put unstable
> > after testing, you can keep a testing system and only install those
> > apps from unstable, that aren't in testing.
>
> Actually, I don't think this will work; doing an "apt-get install
> package" or "apt-get dist-upgrade" will upgrade packages to their latest
> version, whichever disribution tree they come from, IIRC.

IIRC you do not RC ;)

I just checked in sources.list(5):

       The source list is designed to support any number of active
       sources and a variety of source media. The file lists one
       source per line, with the most preferred source listed first.

I read this so, that the source listed first gets a higher priority
than later ones for selection of packages. In fact, this has bitten me
when I had an old Debian-CD listed in sources.list and "apt-get install
something" always asked for the old CD instead of getting things from
unstable-ftp as I actually intended.

Moving the CD down in sources.list fixed this.

ciao,

--
 Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__