[linux-audio-dev] dynamic linking

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] dynamic linking
From: Martijn Sipkema (m.j.w.sipkema_AT_student.tudelft.nl)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 21:58:08 EEST

I'm working on a library for accessing MIDI hardware, which uses plugins
to communicate with the hardware. Now I'm not sure how to compile
these shared libraries. Should I use -Bsymbolic? This makes the linker
give a warning when the library is not linked against all the shared
libraries
it needs itself. Still, I don't seem to be able to use the ALSA library (for
rawmidi) when the plugin is not loaded with RTLD_GLOBAL. This may
not be a problem, but I'd like to understand why RTLD_LOCAL won't
work?

Any help would be appreciated.

--martijn