[linux-audio-dev] Help with LATENCY FULL DUPLEX AUDIO

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Help with LATENCY FULL DUPLEX AUDIO
From: pavelni_AT_volny.cz
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 01:37:21 EEST

Hello,
I am just working (finishing) on modular realtime effect procesor. It
is my thesis project. I would like to ask three questions:

1.
How can I calculate the latency in ms with OSS driver?

2.
My program do the effects on audio in realtime.
So I added recording the sound to hard disk.
This work ok. But when I play back the recorded sound (from HD), it
changes me buffer length that latency is very big. My solution to
this problem was to close device and initalize same device one more
time after playing the sound.
Is there better solution for me?

3.
Is there some advices how to set the lowest latency?

                             Thanks very for helpfull answer
                              Pavel
                             http://home.vsb.cz/pn