Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 00:23:19 EEST

On Saturday, April 27, 2002, at 03:57 PM, Paul Winkler wrote:

> There are actually two python interpreter implementations,
> one in C (the standard python distribution) and one in Java
> (commonly called Jython).

Was it necessary for the language to be formally adopted by some
standards body in order for Jython to be written, or was it just that
the language was well enough understood and that there was an
implementation for reference.

Anyway for me the language is just the vehicle for the ideas I've
implemented in it. I've needed SuperCollider for those ideas so far, but
those same ideas could live in another language like GOO
<http://www.googoogaga.org> once there is an implementation strong
enough for real time work.

--
--- james mccartney   james_AT_audiosynth.com   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the