[linux-audio-dev] OSS query supported format

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS query supported format
From: Lucia Cappellato (lucia_AT_toonz.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 15:52:46 EEST

Hi all,

Is it possible with OSS ask if a format(bit per sample, stereo, sample
rate)is supported by the device? Exactly is it possible obtain this
information without using ioctl with the respective
SOUND_PCM_WRITE_xxxx argument and so see if the third
argument og ioctl is different from which I give it?

Another question Where can I find a lot of information about OSS API
to program with it? (I just look at OSS site)

bye all
thanks for everything you write to me

Lucia