Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs (pt. 2)?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs (pt. 2)?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 14:43:10 EEST

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:47:59 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> [more in this in a mo, somone needs my laptop]

For example you can easily say in RDF:

there is a plugin with UID 2
   has control port 1
   has control port 2
   has control port 3
   has audio port 1
   has audio port 2

control in port 1
   is expressed in dB
   has a default value of 0

control in port 2
   has some detents
      detent one
        has label "sin"
        has value 1
      detent two
        has label "tri"
        has value 2
      detent three
        has label "square"
        has value 3
      detent four
        has label "saw"
        has value 4

control in port 3
   is expressed in Hz
   has a default value of 1000

Fair enough, you could do this in XML too, but in RDF the description is
exstensible without requiring a new DTD and other RDF files can extend the
description without conflict. eg. you can can add dulin core metadata
for the plugins without requiring any change to the schema, or confusing any
existing apps.

I don't want to force the issue too much. I use RDF a lot in my job, so
I'm comfortable with it, and know why its useful.

If anyone is interested I'l write the actualy RDF equivalent of what I've
written obove.

- Steve