Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Bandlimited oscillator plugins for LADSPA ('blop-0.1.0')

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Bandlimited oscillator plugins for LADSPA ('blop-0.1.0')
From: mike rawes (mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 18:15:44 EEST

 --- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:37:02 +0100, mike rawes
> wrote:
> > frequencies. I was thinking of using a lookup
> table
> > too, using some multiple of (long)frequency as
> key.
>
> Why are you indexing on frequency?

Well, each wavetable is playable within a certain
frequency range (the maximum being Nyquist/Max_
Harmonic_in_Wavetable, the minimum being the maximum
of the previous, harmonically richer wavetable, or 0
for the richest wavetable), so for a given frequency,
I can determine which table to use.

I haven't looked at your code yet (although I have
compiled and listened to the results - quite
nice'n'dirty :) but I am curious: How are you indexing
yours?

Mike