Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 20:39:14 EEST

> > 1) On which papers/information/sample code is the Moog VCF in SSM
> > based ?
>
> It's pinched from here: http://musicdsp.org/ (an extremely good site btw)
> And indeed, it's apparently from the Stilson/Smith CCRMA paper and the same
as
> the one used in CSound. There are also a couple of variations that look
> interesting.

One of the variations is mine :) It's an interesting filter structure as
it is so simple (4 first order lowpasses with overall feedback) but there
are so many things you can play around with. I expect everyone who implements
it does it slightly differently!

> There is a patent on the hardware ladder vcf, but I don't know about the
> software (erm, hope not.. :))

Not as far as I know either.

The original US patent is 3,475,623.

Paul.