[linux-audio-dev] Acid-like player using ladspa plugin

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Acid-like player using ladspa plugin
From: Vivien Guillet (vivien.guillet_AT_lisi.insa-lyon.fr)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 13:46:15 EEST

Hello

First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the great job you're doing.
I've been trying to use free software in replacement for windows and co
for more than two years. I still not achieved in doing that, but I can
feel it's getting closer every day...

I use SF Acid almost each day because of its ease of use when dealing
with loops (loops do not necessarily lead to stupid music, you know),
and I think it could be a good idea to port its auto loop management to
the GNU environment. Hope you know what acid is; I can explain further
if needed, but basicaly, it an audio sequencer in which each sample is
time-streched to fit a defined number of beat by the software and can be
pitchshifted.

Thinking of a possible port based upon a ladspa plugin, I see it as a
sample player without any gui. (btw, I really don't understand how
ladspa deals with the UI: I cannot find the XML description, and the
#line directives in some plugin sources makes me nervous.)

- no audio input
- control input 1 : total time to fit in.
- control input 2 : beginning time
- control input 3 : pitch shift (in semitone, or what)
- audio output

Can I get the sample filename with a control input ?

Do you think it's possible ? And what about using it in an audio
sequencer ?

Vivien