Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?
From: Mark Rages (markrages_AT_mlug.missouri.edu)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 09:22:45 EEST

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:11:05PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> >> I don't know what balanced drivers are.
> >
> >Balanced I/O. Professional grade.
>
> its related to the wiring of the connectors and the voltage level that
> corresponds to 0dB. footnote: this has nothing to do with "drivers"
> in the software sense :)

OK, that was my confusion. I know balanced cabling -- I used to work in a
radio station. The world would be a better place if all audio was
balanced. Especially car audio.

Sorry, got off-topic. So: I'm going to resume work on my Gadget Labs
driver soon. Anyone have one of their cards and wants to help?

Regards,
Mark Rages
http://mark.rages.net