Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 00:31:41 EEST

Conrad Parker wrote:

>by making the defaults an outcome of connect_port() instead, we get a
>dynamic mechanism for free. Default frequencies can be related to the
>sample rate, etc.

now you mention it, yes, that's a very welcome side effect i think.

>totally agree -- Tim's solution doesn't break binary compatability,

richard pointed out that it'd actually break binary compatibility with
hosts that call connect_port at every processing cycle.

however, until these hosts are fixed, it only means 'always default'
rather than 'always segfault' for them so i'm still for it.

tim