Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 16:41:25 EEST

>On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 02:08:56 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
>> Of course defaults are a part of presets - so we maybe better come up
>> with a standard on plugin presets. The plugin then could come with a
>> "standard" preset. The question is wether to separate presets from the
>> LADSPA API or not.
>
>I would say that persets are metadata, and so they should be seperate
>from the API.

do you agree that defaults are really a preset?

i'm trying to trap you into saying either:

   * defaults are presets, and defaults need to be in the API
OR
   * defaults are not presets

since you've already agreed that we need defaults, and since i find it
hard to argue with the idea that defaults are presets, i personally
find the conclusion that we actually need an API for presets fairly
compelling.

--p