Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1 Alternative Proposal
From: Adam Luchjenbroers (adam_AT_luchjenbroers.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 10:18:25 EEST

> Yes, but I was being pragmatic. I think that defaults are more important
> than a standardised preset format. I also thought that it would be easier
> to get people to agree on a defaults system than a presets system.

But isn't the option of multiple presets, one of which is flagged or somehow
marked as the default (perhaps 1st preset = default).

I'm new here, so I'm not clear on all the details but if the plugins are
precompiled binaries, couldn't you hold the preset data in an array of
constants and then have a standardised set of functions that the main program
will use to access them, such as

Plugin_GetPresetCount();
Plugin_GetPreset(int ID_Num);
Plugin_GetDefault();

You would need to define a data structure to use as standard. However if you
made the code inside the plugin give it meaning you could have unassigned
arrays which the plugin author can allocate to store data.

Am I close or way off?