Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio routing issues for linux..

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio routing issues for linux..
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 00:03:44 EEST

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Juan Linietsky wrote:

> Yes! This is super just exactly accuratedly the point of what I was
> proposing. My point is simply that not all apps you'd like to
> route/interconnect need low latency, thus there is no need to use JACK
> natively on them. When the app tries to open an audio in / audio out
> channel with alsa, it registers as a plug into the JACK subsystem.
> Since It doesnt need to work low latencyish, the JACK programs will
> work perfect with them.

This is what you want. This is from december. It just needs
someone to implement it:

"Thats why getting alsa-server to participate in JACK would be great:
this would allow all regular ALSA apps to use JACK without its
sample-sync features. The other way around doesn't work: all the
sample-sync-needing apps would fail to get what they
wanted/expected/needed if they just use alsa-server."

This quote can be found here:
http://eca.cx/lad/2001/Dec/0189.html

Taybin