Re: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: iain (iain_AT_prettypeople.org)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 19:07:21 EEST

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 15:50, nick wrote:

> > i don't know about xmms, but the GTK+ crowd, particularly havoc,
> > really don't like xmms since it violates most of the basic "rules"
> > about using GTK+.
>
> really?
> any examples of thing *not* to do? (is there a discussion of this
> somewhere?)

I think what bugs them [the GTK developers, and me as a user] most is
that they turn off all the window decorations and try to do window
manager functions (such as window movement, shading, docking etc) by
themselves, and invaribly get it all wrong...

iain

--
"I think what we don't need is this worldwide apathy where people wait
for a leader. It shouldn't be like that, especially after Spetember 11.