[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.3.0

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.3.0
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 17:51:25 EEST

Hello,

Learning from my new "real" analogue synth (Doepfer A-100 system), I
improved AlsaModularSynth over the last days. MIDI input is now seperated
from the envelope module ==> there is a new MCV module and a new ENV
module. The "old" envelope module still exists, it has been renamed to
"MIDI Envelope". With the new ENV module it should be possible to play
click-free even with poly 1. There is also a simple analogue sequencer.
Frequency CV is linear between 0..1 where 1 corresponds to 20000 Hertz.
Steve and I have discussed about using the "classic" 1 V / Octave
convention for frequency CV, but this would require an expensive 2^x
operation inside the VCO loop.

BTW Last weekend I connected AlsaModularSynth with the Doepfer system.
This worked surprisingly well. To my surprise my Soundblaster Live card
was able to output LFO waves down to 0.5 Hz without significantly
distorting the waveform (sine, saw, rectangle, triangle).

More news and the tarball are available from

http://www.suse.de/~mana/kalsatools.html

Have fun !

Matthias

--