[linux-audio-dev] brainwave synchronisation

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] brainwave synchronisation
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 02:56:17 EEST

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 18:34, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Yes. white and pink noise would be nice too, but hey, it's your project.

That just dredged up an idea long forgotten. Quite a few years ago, I
used to use cool edit to do brainwave synchronisation with pink noise.
Unfortunately, the wavs tended to be quite big and I stopped using it
when space became an issue.

Since then, I've had lodged in the back of my mind the idea of a program
that allows you to sequence brainwave changes and play them back,
generating the pink noise and doing the encoding on the fly.

Does anybody know if such a program exists already, or if not, how I
might go about doing brainwave synchronisation? I know you have a
stereo source which has waves "added" to it with differing frequencies
on each channel. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how to "add" one
source to another.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Bob

--