[linux-audio-dev] USB device, USB mics for ALSA

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] USB device, USB mics for ALSA
From: Alexander Cart (Alexander_Carot_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 11:33:00 EEST

Hej to all,

I'm running Linux on an iBook that has no soundin jack so I have to use USB.
Can anyone tell me if and how this is supported under ALSA ?

I thought about buying an external USB device but I wonder how comes that
there are cheap microphones for win and mac in the stores that can be
connected to USB directly ? Does anyone know these cheap mics ?

Could that work for ALSA as well ?

Thanks

-- A l e x