Re: [linux-audio-dev] apply buys emagic

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] apply buys emagic
From: Martijn Sipkema (msipkema_AT_sipkema-digital.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 16:33:04 EEST

> Apple aquired Emagic.
>
> no Windows version of any Logic after Sept 30
>
> What implies that to us? Any guess?
>
> haven't seen any other news about it yet.

I saw it on http://www.heise.de
I sure hope that Emagic will now be willing to give the specifications
on their AMT protocol for MIDI interfaces.

Logic is IMHO the best MIDI sequencer and for pc users that
aren't ready to go over to mac, perhaps this makes switching to Linux
easier. Alas there isn't a sequencer in the league of Logic for Linux
yet, and there is still VST/Cakewalk for Windows.

PS

Personally I don't like all this big companies aquiring smaller ones.

--martijn