Re: [linux-audio-dev] name a realtime wave mixing library/program with an API

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] name a realtime wave mixing library/program with an API
From: Kjetil S. Matheussen (k.s.matheussen_AT_notam02.no)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 17:31:28 EEST

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, robbins jacob wrote:

> -snd: seems to me to be the best thing to look into next, unless your
> comments steer me otherwise.

Sounds exactly what you are looking for. With its guile-interface, you
have a great high-level interface. Snd reads samples from disk too, so
you are not limited by the available memory.

BTW, this is my first posting to this list. I have been lurking it for
some months though. Some notes about myself, I work as a system
administrator and programmer at Notam; norwegian network for technology,
acoustic and music. My main private programming project is the Radium
music editor, http://www.notam02.no/radium/ . Other things is the midi
system library for the AROS operating system (http://www.aros.org), and
some work with the Bars'n'Pipes sequencer and the Octamed tracker for the
amiga: http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/nsm/ . At work, I'm currently working
on a polished version of the Notam program "Ceres", which now has
realtime preview, support for very large files, unlimited undo,
support for libsndfile, porting of some ceres3-transforms to ceres,
betterg gui, and lots of other things. Will be released in a short time.